Tower Hamlets Tennis Ltd
Local, Inclusive, Fun Tennis
A Social Enterprise Company Limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales No. 7980500
We have broken down into sections each of the key areas, to help you understand your relationship with us :
(1) GENERAL WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tower Hamlets Tennis or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or “THT” refers to the company that owns this website whose registered office is 30 Penshurst Road, London, E9 7DT.The term ‘you’ or “as a member” refers to the user or viewer of our website and possibly a member of Tower Hamlets Tennis
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Some of your personal information may be stored by our booking partners BookingBug but it is accessed by THT staff and only or use by third parties: Sprite (our secure payments provider)
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Terms and conditions apply to all bookings and payment must accompany the booking, unless specifically stated
• All courts can be booked online up to 7-9 days in advance (this is not fixed)
• A rebooking, cancellations and credits are covered by this policy
• On booking you agree to abide by the Rules of the Courts you will be using.
Your court booking is valid within the boundaries of the court for the time alloted. All other Park services are provided by London Borough of Tower Hamlets (park/court access, toilets etc)
• THT reserve the right to contact you to cancel the booking and offer a rebooking to the value of your original booking up to 48 hours before the booking. This will rarely be requested by us, but can occur when there has been an administrative error and your booking may affect the viability of our organized sessions and courses.
• In the event of inclement weather or any other unexpected intervention, THT staff may close the courts at any time to both sessions and public bookings. In this case a full credit will be provided. All decisions on whether the courts are playable remain with THT.
By booking the courts, you agree to follow instruction from THT staff and registerered contractors when on court.
Customers play at their own risk.
To prevent resale and organised sessions without permission, we reserve the right to cancel (even in play) courts that have been transferred and the original booker is not present. You need to be present for your booking.
• Customers cannot book more than 2 hours per day (any locations) and are asked not to play for more than 2 hours, to allow us to provide fair access to very limited local facilities.
• Customers cannot book more than one court at the same time under the same name
Organised tennis sessions (with or without exchange of money) are not permitted. Your court booking is for recreational play only,. up to 4 people per court and no more than 6 within court fencing (due to space limitations) We reserve the right to take action, including cancellation of bookings, if we have evidence organised sessions are taking place.
• Any form of private Coaching is NOT permitted, whether paid or unpaid, unless by an authorised THT private coach. This is contractual (with LBTH) and is the only way we can meet our safeguarding and insurance obligations.
Coaching Courses and Holiday Camps
• All courses should be booked and paid for in advance online
• A credit note will be issued if more than one session in any complete course has to be cancelled due to inclement weather.
• A credit note will be issued if a player withdraws over 7 days before commencement of any course.
• No refunds can be given.
• All THT coaches are qualified LTA registered or licensed coaches.
• Appropriate rackets and balls will be provided for each session if needed.
• THT reserve the right to cancel courses which are under-subscribed up to 7 days before the start of the course
Priority Booking System - Courses and Holiday Camps
• Customers already participating in a coaching course are given ‘priority’ to book onto the next course. But must notify us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org before the course is published online for booking (can be up to a month before course starts)
• The exception to this will be the September courses – places on these will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served basis’.
• When courses are fully subscribed you can request to be added to a ‘waiting list’ email@example.com
• When a place comes available customers on the waiting list will be contacted by email but a place on the course is not automatically secured.
• Customers can request to be removed from the waiting list at any time.
(3) SPECIFIC TECHNICAL
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services including tennis courses, court bookings, equipment purchases
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, address, contact telephone number and email address and any links to other individuals who you may book on behalf of);
(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and newsletters (including name, address, contact telephone number and email address);
(e) any other information that you choose to send to us.
(3) BOOKING OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM US
We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve our services and products;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website and make it a pleasurable experience;
(d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
(e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
(f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
(i) deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website;
We will not without provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, Stripe. We will share information with Stripe only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
(4) OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please be aware that we do not permit professional coaching on our courts, unless conducted by a Tower Hamlets Tennis authorised coach. This is a contractual obligation to manage standards, safety, duty of care, place to play insurance and ensures we can provide local opportunities for local coaches with sustainable employment and the social enterprise structure that drives local participation.